This article is brought to you by 1800wheelchair; we offer transport chairs, power wheelchairs, mobility scooters, & walkers.
For travelers around the world, they face a number of challenges. Decisions such as what mode of transportation to choose, how long to stay, where to stay and what to do when traveling are just a few of the common questions that travelers need to face. These are questions which can have an impact on the quality of the business or pleasure travel.
However, disabled people not only have these challenges to face, but a number of other concerns. Disabled people who are blind, deaf and are wheelchair bound face additional challenges. Issues such as accessibility, being able to understand words that are spoken or written can make travel doubly difficult.
To help the disabled be able to enjoy the travel experience, we have assembled a collection of resources. These web sites can be helpful for travelers with disabilities. Please feel free to visit these sites and we hope you enjoy your travel experience.
Blind Travel Resources
Deaf Travel Resources
Wheelchair Travel Resources
- Vacationing – helpful information on travel arrangements for people in wheelchairs.
- Disabled Travel – useful resource aimed at the disabled traveler.
- Disability Travel – disability travel and recreation resources are discussed.
- Travel Resources – information on travel for individuals with disabilities.
- Wheelchair Travel Tips – tips and information on traveling with an individual using a wheelchair.
- Wheelchair Air Travel – helpful website providing information to air travelers with wheelchairs.
- TravelinWheels - database of destinations includes detailed, objective accessibility information.
Travel Accessibility Resources
Handicapped Travel Resources
If you find this article useful, please free feel to link or reuse it. All we ask is for a credit back to our site.