Crawl Trainers support the user and instruct, encourage and reinforce crawling. They are designed for children without head control or the ability to roll over or crawl. Crawling is essential for optimum development.
The Crawl About Crawl Trainer comes with a height adjustable aluminum frame, four easy glide pivoting casters, and height adjustable foam padded suspended harness. It can adjust to the user’s size and ability to bear weight and the cushioned pad supports the therapist or caregiver while they work with the user. Push handles can be attached as user’s crawling skill progresses. The caregiver or therapist can steer from the rear to provide necessary assistance.
The Benefits of Crawl Trainers:
- Encourages weight bearing and shifting on hands and knees
- Develops and strengthens neck, shoulder and arm muscles in preparation for walking
- Improves visual skills
- Increases tolerance to prone position
- Develops upper extremity coordination
- Promotes motor development
- Provides independent locomotion