- Employees’ Practical Guide to Negotiating and Requesting Reasonable Accommodations This article outlines what how one can request accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The ADA: Your Responsibilities as an Employer: rules and regulations required of employers to accommodate those with disabilities.
- A Guide for People with Disabilities Seeking Employment: primer for those with disabilities on their rights in the workplace.
- Economic Independence Through Jobs & Self-Employment: official government guide to obtaining and maintaining a job.
- USA Jobs: fact sheet on finding a job within the federal government.
- Ability Jobs: job listing and resume assistance for people with disabilities.
- Project Hired: organization committed to helping people with disabilities obtain and keep jobs.
- Federal Jobs: listing of federal and government jobs especially for those with disabilities.
- WorkWORLD: software designed to manage skills with Federal and Social Security compensation.
- Career-Related Resources for Students With Disabilities: listing of helpful organizations and foundations.
- Ability Links: job-related resources for employees and employers.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: vocational rehab resources specifically for individuals with disabilities.
- Project Work: provides assistance and information with those with intellectual disabilities.
- Employment for Persons With Disabilities: resources on finding jobs and vocational rehabilitation.
- Lift Inc.: organization that aims to recruit and train individuals with disabilities for information management and information technology positions.
- National Business and Disability Council: group for business looking to hire individuals with disabilities.
Legal Assistance & Accessibility Guidelines
- ADA Enforcement: the Americans with Disabilities Act was created to make an even playing field for all Americans, regardless of abilities. The Act is broken up into several titles including:
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities: list of guidelines for employers and business owners.
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973: act passed that prohibits discrimination based on disability.
- Section 508: a section of the Rehabilitation Act that strives to make sure that information is readily available to all people.
- Disability/ Handicapped Law and Legal Issues: compilation of resources regarding employment and disability law.
- Centers for Independent Living: complete, searchable listing of CILs for people with disabilities
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: the enforcing agent for Title I of the ADA.
- Disability.gov: official government portal for individuals with disabilities.
- Resources for the Disabled: job, career, and lifestyle information.
- Department of Labor Disability Resources:provides job links and a directory of disability contacts across the country.
- Benefits for People With Disabilities: information on benefits, insurance, and Social Security.
- Disability Statistics: statistics and information on people with disabilities in the United States.
- Disabled American Veterans: benefits and resources for disabled veterans.
If you find this article useful, please free feel to link or reuse it. All we ask is for a credit back to our site.