Disabilities come in many different forms. They range from physical disabilities such as loss of sight, loss of a limb to mental disabilities. Each type of disability presents different challenges for individuals such as mobility issues, physical issues and psychological issues.
To help persons with disabilities there are many resources that are available. People with disabilities can receive help with their disabilities and are protected by laws governing the disabled. To help understand the issues of the disabled, we have collected several resources:
- Disabilities – helpful government site containing information on various types of disabilities.
- Disability.gov – government portal filled with information on a variety of subjects for the disabled.
- Types of Disabilities – helpful information on the various types of disabilities that exist.
- Mobility Problems and Perceptions – informative look at mobility issues of the disabled.
- Mobility and the Disabled – scanned text of a document dealing with the difficulties of mobility for the disabled.
- Transportation for Disabled – useful information on how disabled individuals are able to combat mobility problems.
- Handicap Mobility – information on mobility concerns of the handicapped and disabled.
- Disability Access Laws – informative information on regulations dealing with the disabled.
- Accessibility for the Disabled – United Nations resource discussing accessibility issues.
- Accessibility – useful resource containing information on accessibility for the disabled.
- Accessibility Info – building accessibility for disabled people are discussed in this informative page.
- Accommodations for Disabled Students – booklet covering the various accommodations available for disabled students.
- Meeting Accommodations – typical accommodations are outlined in this page.
- Resources for Disabled Students – informative resource outlining the typical accommodations available for disabled students.
- Americans with Disabilities Act – official government website outlining the areas of coverage with the federal law.
- Small Business ADA Guide – informative site for small businesses on how to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Guide to Disability Rights Laws – helpful information from the Department of Justice on legal issues pertaining to the disabled.
- Revised ADA Regulations – information on recent changes to the ADA.
- Education Laws and Regulations – useful information on disabled student’s rights.
- Employment Laws – legal information on the rights of the disabled in the workplace from the Department of Labor.
Our lift chair store offers discount prices, never poor quality, cheap lift chairs. You’ll find lift chair side tables for our heavy duty options.