Many people use standard strollers for their children with disabilities or mobility issues. While they might be viable for some time, they don’t offer the necessary features to maintain an active lifestyle. Here is where adaptive strollers come in. They are advanced seating systems that provide strong postural support and help increase outdoor activities like jogging. Adaptive strollers for children have a higher weight capacity than standard strollers and can be folded up compactly to be stored easily.
However, adaptive strollers are quite expensive and not covered by insurance. Thus, if you decide to purchase one for your child, ensure that it has all the necessary features and can grow with them.
To make things easier, we have picked out the top 3 adaptive strollers for children available, which are:
- Special Tomato Optional MPS Cart Transport(Best MPS Cart Adaptive Stroller)
- Axiom 2 Improv Push Chair(Best Indoor/Outdoor Push Chair)
- Special Tomato Small MPS Seat with Footrest and Push Chair(Best Transportable Adaptive Stroller)
Special Tomato Optional MPS Cart Transport
This adaptive stroller for children is manufactured and designed by Convaid for bus and van transport. The sleek and simple design can fit the small and large sizes of the Special Tomato Multi-Positioning Seat. It folds up umbrella-style and can easily be stored in a cupboard or the boot of a car.
- The product is lightweight and weighs about 27 lbs.
- It has a weight capacity of 150 lbs.
- The fixed seat can tilt up to 30 degrees.
- It is ideal for transportation.
Axiom 2 Improv Push Chair
The Axiom 2 Improv Push Chair is an indoor/outdoor pushchair suitable for all terrains and allows your children to lead an active lifestyle without obstacles. The adaptive stroller has standard features like fixed front wheels, hand brakes, and individual rear brakes. You can also add the optional front swivel wheel kit for increased maneuverability indoors. From grass, curb, and sand to gravel, this adaptive push chair glides seamlessly through them.
- It has a lightweight frame and weighs around 30 lbs.
- The weight capacity is 100 lbs.
- It is designed for indoor and outdoor mobility systems.
- It’s suitable for all terrains.
- It has a height-adjustable handle, recessed footrest, and storage pockets.
- It features a Rotating Sun Canopy with view port window.
Special Tomato Small MPS Seat with Footrest and Push Chair
This adaptive stroller includes the multi-positioning seat and the Convaid Transportable Push Chair Base. It is made for transportation on bus and van systems. The multi-positioning seat itself offers increased comfort and postural support. It also has built-in attachment straps that ensure it can be secured to most standard chairs.
- The cushions are made from a latex-free material that ensures the cushions are soft, durable, impermeable to fluids, and withstand deflating.
- Adjustments can be made without any tools.
- It consists of a 5-point harness.
- The footrest depth, height, and length are adjustable.
- It is approved for aircraft travel.
You only want the best for your kid and want to offer them the same opportunity as other children. Using the above-mentioned adaptive strollers, you can offer your child maximum support, outdoor fun, and much more. We hope our article helps you make the right decision.