Disabled individuals face a multitude of challenges on a daily basis. Individuals have to deal with a number of disabilities such as being vision impaired, hearing impaired, wheelchair bound and a number of other disabilities. These disabilities create difficulties for disabled individuals to live regular lives because of transportation, employment, housing and other problems.
To help disabled individuals become acclimated to the non-disabled world, government regulations in the form of the Americans with Disabilities Act has made it easier to adapt. The ADA has created guidelines and laws that need to be met. Because of the ADA, disabled people now have the ability to live, work and enjoy all the conveniences that are available.
To learn more about the Americans with Disabilities Act and other aspects of the help available to disabled, please review the following information:
Americans with Disabilities Act
- Federal Website – the official government website for the American with Disabilities Act.
- Disability Rights Laws – a guide to the laws governing the disabled and an overview of their rights.
- Americans with Disabilities Act – overview of the laws and amendments of the federal act.
- Facts About the ADA – informative website covering various aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- ADA Anniversary – government release outlining the 20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Assistance for Disabled – useful information about assistive technology available for the disabled.
- Disabled Technology – overview of some of the technology available to assist disabled.
- Assistive Technology Program – information on federal programs available to assist disabled individuals.
- Assistive Technology – fact sheet providing definition and information on assistive technology.
- Technology for the Elderly – article covering assistive technology available for the elderly.
- Disability Discrimination – information on the legal rights of the disabled.
- Job Seekers with Disabilities – informative web site providing help for people with disabilities looking for jobs.
- Mental Disabilities and the ADA – helpful question and answer section provides information on mentally disabled individuals.
- Disability Employment – useful resource from the Department of Education on disabled employment issues.
- Women and Disabilities – information on employment issues specifically for women who are disabled.
- Disabled Housing – helpful information for disabled persons seeking proper housing.
- Information for Disabled Persons – HUD web site providing information and resources for disabled persons.
- Disabled Veterans – information on the housing act aimed at disabled veterans.
- Home Adaption’s – useful information on what can be done to help disabled persons in the home.
Travel & Transportation
- Travel and Transportation – collection of useful resources aimed at travel and transportation issues of the disabled.
- Transportation Resources – useful transportation resources for disabled individuals.
- Travel Resources – helpful collection of resources for disabled travelers.
- Disabled Resources – useful government site containing disability resources.
- Business Resources for the Disabled – collection of resources in the business world for disabled.
- Disabilities – resources and information on a variety of topics pertaining to the disabled.
1800wheelchair is offer a wide selection of affordable wheelchairs and walking assistance products for the elderly, you’ll find quad canes, 4 wheel walkers, and knee walkers.