Children with mobility issues have different needs than adults. They are looking for a pediatric wheelchair that is aesthetically pleasing and can adjust to their growing body. A wheelchair is a hefty expense, and parents want to ensure that the wheelchair they buy can last for several years despite a growth spurt. Thus, you need pediatric wheelchairs that offer different mobility and usability features, like seat width and depth adjustability, movable armrests, and features that support an active lifestyle.
We have created a list of some of the best pediatric wheelchairs available for kids to improve their mobility and enjoy their growing periods.
This article includes the top 3 pediatric wheelchairs for kids, which are:
- Excel Kidz Pediatric Wheelchair(Best Comfortable Pediatric Wheelchair)
- Invacare IVC 9000 Jymni(Best Customizable Pediatric Wheelchair)
- Ziggo Lightweight Wheelchair for Kids(Best Lightweight Pediatric Wheelchair)
Excel Kidz Pediatric Wheelchair
The Medline Excel Kidz is one of the most comfortable pediatric wheelchairs available in the market. It offers multiple features that support an active lifestyle, such as standard size with a dual axle to offer dual seat-to-floor height options. It has a higher weight capacity, can easily withstand 250 lbs, and remain stable. The deep tread wires enable children to propel the wheelchair over rough and smooth terrain without slipping or falling and play outside without any worries.
- Upholstered padded armrests with a swing-back and arms-release feature
- Standard and elevating footrests are available that can swing back or detach.
- The chair is covered with durable vinyl upholstery.
- The color is bright and visible.
- A seatbelt and push handles are available.
Invacare IVC 9000 Jymni
For smaller kids, the Invacare IVC 9000 Jymni pediatric wheelchair is the perfect fit. This wheelchair is designed to offer the kid increased maneuverability, functionality, and usability. The wheelchair is made from a triple chrome-plated carbon steel frame that is durable, long-lasting, and requires low maintenance. It also offers simple seat-to-floor adjustments of 15”, 16”, and 17”.
- The pediatric wheelchair is covered with durable flame-retardant upholstery that prevents UV damage, cold cracks, bacteria, and mildew build-up.
- The front riggings are adjustable.
- The push handles can be removed for easy transport and storage.
- The armrests can flip back, and the footrests can swing away for easy access.
- The multiple seat width and depth options make adjustability easier.
Ziggo Lightweight Wheelchair for Kids
The Ziggo lightweight pediatric wheelchair for kids is one of the most customizable and comfortable wheelchairs available. It is designed to offer kids and parents a cost-effective and lightweight product. Its distinguishing feature involves pop-off rear wheels that make the wheelchair even lighter and easier to transport and carry around. The pediatric wheelchair is available in 4 sizes; 12”, 14”, 16”, and 18” seat width.
- You can add four additional accessories, at a cost, to increase functionality and comfort, such as anti-tippers, headrests, padded trunks, and 2” thick seat cushions.
- Flip back arms and swing away leg rests.
- It is hemi-capable and equipped with a dual axle.
- It uses durable nylon upholstery.
- Available in 4 different sizes.
You want to offer your kid the ultimate comfort and movability regarding pediatric wheelchairs. Our top 3 options improve mobility by offering advanced features and customization options. We hope this article helped!