Three-wheeled electric scooters have grown in popularity in the last few years. The latest models, in fact, have a broad range of features that can be extremely helpful for people with limited mobility. With a top speed of about six mph, their handling is both predictable and safe, with smooth braking and acceleration to give you comfort and security during your journeys.
But what exactly is a 3-wheel scooter, and how is it different from other models? This article will cover everything you need to know about why these roadworthy vehicles are all the rage and show you the three best three-wheel scooters in the market today. So, let’s get started!
Our product recommendation: https://www.1800wheelchair.com/product/featherweight-scooter-lightest-electric-scooter-37-lbs
What Are The Benefits of a 3-Wheel Scooter?
Let’s start with the basics. What is a mobility scooter, and why should you consider a three-wheel model? Basically, scooters are an affordable and lightweight mode of travel used by people of all ages (including those living with disabilities and older adults) to move and travel. Some models, such as a kick scooter, are human-powered. Others, like two-wheel scooters, are more tailored toward younger riders.
If you’re an older adult or have mobility issues, you might consider instead an electric scooter with three wheels. These models are reliable, convenient, and tend to be quite compact. Compared to other options, their main benefits include:
- Power and performance: A three-wheel scooter tends to have very high power (they can reach about 6mph on average). They are also very sturdy and robust, have comfortable seats, and offer excellent overall efficiency.
- Affordability: In terms of price, three-wheel electric scooters are cheaper than 4-wheeled ones. Most companies manufacturing them also offer diverse financial options, so you can get a quality vehicle that fits your budget.
- Weight and versatility: Weight and versatility: Because these scooters only have only one wheel in the front, you can maneuver your vehicle in tighter spaces, such as elevators or indoors. Also, because it has one less wheel (they also have a relatively small amount of components but still good ground clearance), the three-wheel mobility scooter is lighter and easier to lift into a car when traveling. Their handlebar height adjustments allow for more versatility.
Overall, if you’re looking for an electric scooter to use on fewer occasions, a three-wheel vehicle is a great option. These scooters are, of course, not ideal for all situations. For example, if you need extra support, navigate through outdoor off-road terrain or need a scooter for very frequent transport, you might need to look into a different type of vehicle (such as a heavy-duty scooter or a 4-wheeler).
Things to Consider When Buying a Three-Wheel Scooter
If you think a three-wheel electric vehicle is a good option for you, here are some other things you should keep in mind:
- Chair weight and folding mechanisms: A lighter three-wheel scooter can be folded and stored more easily. For example, the Atto Folding Mobility Scooter folds to luggage size, and the Enhance Mobility Triaze Cruze Scooter folds flat.
- Light-up wheels and LEDs: Some three-wheel models also include full LED lights for safety; for example, the Afiscooter C (Breeze C) 3-Wheel Scooter has them, which makes it a great option for driving around town.
- Speed control and advanced settings: A lot of lightweight three-wheel scooters have different speed settings. For instance, the Pride Go-Go ES2 3-Wheel Scooter has two modes: an indoor and an outdoor setting, while the Atto Folding Mobility Scooter features a six-degree climbing angle.
What Is The Best Electric Three-Wheel Scooter?
We’ve gone through the main benefits of three-wheeled scooters compared to other models and some of the things to look out for when choosing the right scooter for you. Now, let’s review the best options out there and what makes them special.
Best Overall: Featherweight Scooter – Lightest Electric Scooter 37 lbs.
The Featherweight Scooter weighs only 37 lbs, making it the lightest three-wheel scooter on the entire planet! You read that right. The model uses brand-new materials that allow practically anyone to fold it and lift it into any car, train or airplane.
The scooter has a weight capacity of 265 lbs, a 61″ turning radius, and can reach a maximum speed of 5 mph. It also features an impressive set of features, including electromagnetic brakes, a 120W brushless motor, and a throttle control lever to move forward and back. You can also adjust the speed and charge the electric scooter using a port conveniently located under the vehicle.
All in all, a great choice for anyone looking for a lightweight, 3-wheel electric scooter that is easy to transport, lift, and store.
- Lightest three-wheel scooter in the world.
- Electromagnetic brakes and powerful 120W motor.
- Differential driving system.
- Folds down and is easy to carry.
Most Affordable: Pride Go-Go ES2 3-Wheel Scooter
The Pride Go-Go ES2 3-Wheel Scooter is a very lightweight and compact scooter with two-speed settings for more versatility. This vehicle is ideal for quick trips and errands, as it combines great value with super-easy transportation.
The Pride Go-Go ES2 offers a weight capacity of 250 lbs and uses a 24-volt DC-sealed mini0trasnaxle motor that allows it to achieve variable speeds. But that’s not all for this small wonder! The scooter is classified as an FDA Class II Medical Device, so it’s designed to aid people with mobility impairments. Plus, it comes with a removable front canvas with cheery color combinations and a lot of storage space.
This scooter is an excellent option if you’re looking for an affordable indoor and outdoor vehicle that offers exceptional performance for a small price.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Modular design to make it easier to service.
- Variable motor speeds for more versatility..
- The most affordable three-wheel scooter in the market today.
Most Features: Pride Revo 2.0 3-Wheel Scooter
The Pride Revo 2.0 3-Wheel Scooter is an entirely new class of three-wheel electric vehicles. For one, it has an impressive array of features that sets it apart from most other scooters and the type of dependability you can only find in luxury models.
The scooter is easily accessible from tie-down points, has an adjustable tiller, and has a heavy-duty drivetrain supported by a 70 amp controller. The tiles are also non-scuffing, there’s a front basket and under-seat storage, and the model comes with an integrated XLR USB charger. Plus, LED front lights, ambient battery gage, and a user-friendly console to have full control over the vehicle.
The Pride Revo 2.0 3-Wheel Scooter is simply one of the most durable and stylish three-wheel scooters on the market.
- Built to last and stylish.
- Includes an LED headlight.
- You can charge it easily with batteries on or off the vehicle.
- User-friendly console and adjustable tiller.