When it comes to wheelchairs, young children have a different set of needs than adults. Aesthetically, devices designed for kids are often sleek and colorful, and functionally, they are typically lightweight and adjustable. As any parent knows, young people don’t stay the same size for long and -- since a wheelchair is a major purchase -- you don’t want a simple growth spurt to render it useless. That’s why our kids wheelchair category offers models that feature seat width and depth adjustability, elevating legrests, and other versatile features. If you’re looking for a safe, affordable mobility solution for the child in your care, you’re in the right place.
At 1800wheelchair, we carry the best kids wheelchairs from top brands like Medline, Invacare, and Drive - and our prices won’t drain your wallet! Order online or give us a call at 1-800-320-7140; our phone agents are standing by to answer any questions you may have.
Kids wheelchairs and accessories qualify for our free shipping offer - anything over $59 ships free!
- Height adjustable push handles make it easy for the caregiver to push
- Bright yellow frame
- Durable vinyl upholstery
- Designed for toddlers
- Folding or nonfolding backrest
- Designed for a child's self-propulsion
- Full-length adjustable-height armrests
- Designed to adjust to your child's growth spurts
- Fully adjustable, universal axle plate
- Wrap-around arms reduce overall frame width
- Nylon padded armrests provide added comfort
- Low-maintenance carbon steel frame
- Recliner provides dynamic recline from 95
- Chair adapts easily to your child's rapid growth
- Desk-length adjustable height armrests
- Durable hub lock
- Frame "grows" with the child
- Adjustable frame width and depth
- Ideal for sports or everyday use
- Adjustable front riggings
- Durable, low-maintenance, triple chromeplated, carbon steel frame is long-lasting
- Virtually no-maintenance, dual-sealed precision bearings
- Shimano 7-speed hub
- Carbon-steel frame and fork, available in 19 different colors
- Chain guard, parking brake, safety leg straps
- More than a dozen custom options for the perfect fit
- Custom resizing as the child grows
- Designed for sports and everyday use
- Mobility similar to that of standard wheelchairs
- Quick release wheels
Here are a few things to consider when researching a wheelchair chair for kids
User size and weight - The size and weight of the child will dictate the seat size and the seat-to-floor height of the chair, especially if your child is growing you will want to take that into consideration. Have the child sit on a measuring tape and add an inch (or two if the child is growing) on either side to define the seat width size of the chair. Also, measure from the bend in the back of the knee to the bottom of the foot for the seat-to-floor height needed. We strongly suggest you speak with a professional to get the right measurements made.
Chair weight - Lighter chairs allow for easier use and transport.
Support - Some chairs like the Kanga TS Pediatric Folding Tilt-In-Space Wheelchair offer lateral support cushions and a five-point harness for children with weak upper torso control.
Travel - If you child will be going on a school bus, we strongly suggest a wheelchair that has been crash tested for bus transit. Transit tie-downs that are often required when traveling on a school bus or van.